Sunday, November 30, 2014

Daily Tidbits from 2014

These are mostly for my own records but enjoy reading if you didn't see these on Facebook!

January 2014:
After his first night in his new big boy bed, Elliott says, "I awake up! Can we go play now?" 

January 2014:
Andrew's car ran out of batteries so he decided to fix it himself. He got the screwdriver, new batteries, unscrewed the case, put new batteries in (but flip flopped the pos/neg), and screwed the cover back on. He's so proud!

January 2014:
Elliott was upset at dinner because his of his plate divided sections didn't have food in them. Andrew says to him, "That's unfortunate. Elliott, you must meet your destiny."

January 2014:
Elliott at lunch, "Daddy made us these deviled eggs! Mommy made us these (raw red bell) peppers!"

January 2014:
During hippotherapy, Elliott and another little boy were watching Andrew ride in the arena. Andrew gets so so excited when he sees us watching him. Elliott turned to the little boy and says proudly, while pointing to Andrew, "I'm Andrew's friend!!!"

February 2014:

During potty training: "mommy! I need to go!!" so I quickly take off his underwear and set him on the potty. Cue freak out. "I do it!!"  I put his underwear back on. He takes them off himself, climbs up, goes pee, and asks for a treat.

March 2014: 
My 2 year old is having a meltdown because he wants to be a bird, not a boy.

March 2014:
Elliott found his drawer of shorts this morning and asked what they were. I explained to him about shorts and he said, "Mommy, I want to go to summer." Me too, buddy!

March 2014:
All ready for school! At breakfast he said' "where's Andrew?" I said he was still asleep. He said, "I love Andrew. He's my friend!"

April 2014:
First 2 things Andrew wanted to do today: go to work (used his workbench) and go running.

April 2014: 
Took Elliott running and got locked out since our garage keypad broke. While waiting for Ryan to come let us in, Elliott says "mommy you just need to put a key in this lock to open the door and it'll be fixed!!"

April 2014:
Got a haircut finally. When I walked in the door Elliott says, while walking around me examining my hair, "Mommy, you look beautiful! You look like (Aunt) Jessi!"

April 2014: 
Elliott at dinner...
Scarfs down his ear of corn, his hot dog totally plain, a cup of chili, part of his bun with ketchup and mustard on it, asks and eats 2nd cup of chili. He stops and says, "I'm ready for my nap now."

April 2014: 
Lion King didn't go over well. Elliott is mad the Baby lion grew up. He liked him little.

April 2014: 
Elliott, shortly after a long time-out. "I don't want to make good choices. I want to make poor choices." 

April 2014:
Elliott was fired up to see snow today. Andrew was indifferent and I made an off comment about how I preferred warm, sunny weather. He goes, "it's okay, it'll melt soon and be sunny." He is wise.

April 2014:
We spent all morning at St. Vincent. As we were walking out a few minutes ago Elliott says, "Mommy, I had so much fun!" I'm not sure what he expected to do today, but apparently the bar was low.

April 2014:
Andrew was so cute on our walk to Marsh (to let him pick out a frozen pizza since he's been so good while I've been helping a sick Elliott) - he is really interested in flowers so we talked about that a good portion of the way.
Andrew: "The Daffodils are my favorite flower."
Me: "Tulips are my favorite!"
Andrew: "Mommy, do you love tulips?"
Me: "I do, buddy!"
Andrew: "And I sure do love my Mommy!"

April 2014: 
Elliott is resting in his room. I can hear him talking to his babies, "Oh no! You peed in your pants! You need to pee in the potty!"

April 2014: Elliott runs up to the counter in a very quiet Chik-Fil-A and says in his very-loud-I-want-to-be-heard-voice, "I need poop juice please!!!!" Meanwhile I'm trying to be all nonchalant... "pssst Elliott it's called apple juice"...(He has apple juice every morning with miralax)

May 2014: New words in Elliott's vocab: Actually and Definitely. Cute.

May 2014: I think Elliott's confused. "Mommy, if I put my underwear on backwards, I'll get a splinter."

June 2014: Elliott is whining in bed because "his baby needs Prilosec"

July 2014: 
Classic Elliott response that makes me smile:
Me: "Elliott, I haven't even had my coffee yet today!"
Elliott: "Well make some and then you will love it!!!!!"

July 2014: "My favorite sport is board games." -Elliott, age 3.

August 2014: 
Overheard during my shower: Andrew says, "Elliott! Let's hug and say, "Awww we are friends!""

August 2014: 
Andrew was really well-behaved tonight so he got to stay up a few extra minutes, got a few extra books, and then I asked him if he wanted to sing a couple songs. He said "No Mom, I'm a Kindergartner now. I can sing them myself" and he proceeded to make up a song about a new friend at school.

August 2014: 
Andrew opening a package from his grandparents, shaking and squealing, "it's a click-n-ship!!" (USPS label)

August 2014: 
Elliott learned to ride Andrew's big bike a month or so ago. His day was made when Andrew told him, "Wow Elliott!! You are SO big like me now!!"

September 2014: 
Elliott's phrase of the day, "oh, that makes sense!!" As in...
"Mommy, how old will I be after I'm 5 like Andrew?"
Me: "After you're 5, you'll turn 6 years old."
Elliott: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, then 6!! Oh! That makes sense!!"

September 2014: 
Andrew, "Mommy, I want to email Callie from my class and invite her to go to the Fall Festival with us." Mr. Social lately..

September 2014: 
Andrew today: "Mom, this older boy at school in a red shirt asked me today, "Are you constipated"? And I said, "Why YES I AM!""
Me: "Andrew, do you know what constipated means?"
Andrew: "It means I am SO big!"

September 2014: 
Me: "Elliott, what's your favorite food?"
Elliott: "I love all the good food."
Me: "What do you think is the good food?"
"Apples, PB&J, wraps, chicken, bananas, cuties, pizza, spaghetti, meatballs, and strawberries."
So, he likes to eat.

September 2014:
Elliott shortly after waking up and running in our room, "Mommy, I'm going to get dressed. Do I need to wear shorts or pants?"  He's growing up.

October 2014:
Me: "What was your favorite part of school today?" 
Elliott: "My favorite part was eating lunch!"
That's his answer every single time

October 2014:
Andrew after helping Elliott get a snack: "Mommy, I'm being really kindful and I'm being helpful like a Mommy. I must grow up to be like you." He he. Kindful, kinda cute.

October 2014:
Elliott at breakfast, "I was thinking...my friend Andrew, you, and my Daddy should have a frog party." A frog party is: a party at our house in June (when it's warm outside), there will be cake and cupcakes but you can't play until you're done eating, there will be giant toy frogs in everyone's favorite colors, (toy) snow plows, and Elliott will wear his rescue bot costume and "all my friends will be so surprised to see my costume."

October 2014:
Andrew tonight in the car...
"today Hayden asked me, "do you want to kiss Libby?"
And I said "yes I do want to kiss Libby."
And Libby said, "it's okay Andrew can kiss me!"
And so I kissed her. (Laughs)"

November 2014:
Andrew kept going up to Bali (his friend Ryan's dog) and saying "I love you Bali."

November 2014:
"Elliott, it's time to go to the library!"
Elliott: "I want to go to a place that has a big red slide."
Me: "where's that?"
Elliott: "I don't know. You need to think about it and tell me."

November 2014:
After I got "spilled basket" in Hi Ho Cherry-O, Elliott tells me "bummer mommy!! That's crazysauce!!"

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP