Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY Beach Robe!

I finished this project a couple of months ago, but I wanted to wait to take pictures when the pool opened!

Andrew is always cold, like myself, so I'd be looking for some kind of fun beach/pool robe so he could cozy up after swimming.  I hadn't found anything I liked.  Coincidentally, a friend pointed out this link on Pinterest, so I got to work!  

http://www.danamadeit.com/beach-robe

 

I used the Target brand towels and needed 2 of them.



I wanted the bias tape to be that just-right-orange-red color, so I ended up buying fabric in the same line and DIY.   I like the results, but I'm not that patient so Elliott will have store bought bias tape ;) 

 

Andrew wears a size 4 and the robe was big around on him, if I did it over I might make it quite a bit narrower.  

 

Of course I lined the hood with truck fabric.  That was the fun part.  I'm in process of making Elliott's now!

2 comments:

Cathy Willman June 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM  

Super Cute! Makes me want to spend the $$ myself!

Stephanie June 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM  

love it!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP