Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Everyday Tidbits - Language leaps!

Andrew has taken a huge leap in his social and language skills lately!!  I am so impressed!!

His speech has been decent for a while but his language is much more conversational and his sentence structure is outstanding!!  This seemed to happen over night about 2 weeks or so ago.

A few examples off the top of my head:

When I ask Andrew what he did at school, he always without fail says "CARS!"...(despite only getting a few minutes of free play a day)...today, unprompted, he said, "Mommy, I had so much fun at school today." I asked what he did and he said, "I played cars, I drew a rainbow, and made a J!!"

I asked Andrew if he wanted to help me plant a garden this summer and he said, "yes!". I asked him if he he knew what a garden was and he said "a vegetable garden!!"  I asked what he wanted to grow, and he said, "Carrots, cucumbers, apples, and crackers" 

We were driving in the car and I slowed down to let a goose cross the road.  From the back seat, Andrew randomly says, "I have never seen a goose in the road.  That's wacky."

While helping Andrew practice on his new bike, he was fairly comfortable sitting on it and me pushing him for a ride. By the last run he told me, "Mommy, I am doing such a good job riding my bike!" ♥ 


After being in time out for pushing Elliott while playing super heroes, I asked Andrew what he had to say and he said, "I'm sorry I pushed Super Why." 


At bed time I read Andrew Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings. I wasn't totally sure if he understood what blessings meant, so I asked what his were and he said, "Elliott!"

I went downstairs in the basement to check on the boys. Elliott was engrossed in the kitchen set and Andrew was trying to get his attention. He was trying to avert his eyes with his hands, really gently, and saying "Elliott, will you play Shoots (ie: basketball) with me?"

One night, I heard Andrew singing "Jingle Bells, Batman smells..." on the monitor. 




 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP