Monday, October 15, 2012

New Lens, Sigma 30 mm f/1.4

Well, I decided that I didn't love my Tamron 28-75 mm and so I rarely used it.  Why keep a lens that you rarely use?  

After thinking about it a couple of months I finally decided it was time.  So it's now listed for sale and I got a new (to me) lens.  I love my 50 mm so much that I knew I wanted another prime, so I decided to try the Sigma 30 mm. 

Since we've been sick I haven't done a photo shoot yet, but, I did take a few pictures one night when the kids were playing in the yard.  I think I'm going to love this one!

 

The bokeh is nice, but my 50 mm had that advantage as well. 

 

One thing I really love about this lens is that I can stand so so close to the boys when I take their pic.  It makes it easier to engage them if I'm going for an eye-contact shot.  If I'm standing several feet away, usually I have no chance of getting them to be remotely interested.  There are times when I just want to stand back and watch them playing, but other times not.

 



It also gives me a little more flexibility with angles.  I can shoot from overhead and get more of their little bodies in the pictures, instead of just their faces. 

 

 

It is nice indoors when I can't quite back up enough, and also makes a little bit of an interesting perspective.  Andrew was playing with this sling shot here and I think this look like lots of fun!
 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP