Saturday, October 6, 2012

I'd say he's growing well!

Andrew had another followup with his developmental pediatrician.  First off, we checked his growth (I didn't even catch his weight) after being off of Prilosec and he's doing great.  I think he's nearly off the charts for preemie boys at his age.  Here he is on the term growth chart. Soaring.

 

His development also took off in the last 6 months.  Our tell-it-like-it-is doctor was almost speechless.  He was gushing.  His appointment was a million times better than it was 6 months ago.  And we don't have to go back for a year.  



And he might recommend that we pull Andrew from developmental preschool and put him in a typical preschool next fall, but we'll know more when he turns 4.  But just the fact that we are considering that possibility, even if we don't, is amazing.

When you're caught up in the day-to-day, sometimes it's hard to see the forest from the trees.  I'd seen huge improvements in some areas, but noticed other little things that are off.  It's nice to take a step back and let someone else give you the mile high view.  

I'm so proud of Andrew, thankful for all the opportunities for challenge and growth here, lucky to have friends and family that support us along the way, and grateful that God is always for watching out for us.  I hope the rest of his appointments and evaluations this year are this awesome!

2 comments:

Jacquie October 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

I loved reading this, Kathy! I'm so proud of Andrew so I cannot even imagine how you must feel. It's been a joy to watch him progress over the years.

Cathy Willman October 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM  

I'm so happy for you. I know how wonderful it is to finally be approaching normalcy! Great Job Andrew!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP