Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy anniversary & father's day! (yesterday)


He met me in the dining hall at 6:30 am every morning before class, later I found out he didn't even have 7:30 classes, he just wanted to see me.


He quickly became my best friend.  He gave great advice and made me laugh.  And then we started dating.


He met and sat with my parents at one of my Purdue orchestra concerts, and I wasn't even there since I was playing. 


His family felt like mine and mine felt like his.  When he came to visit, my little sister (6 at the time) would hold on his leg and not let go. 


He planned the perfect surprise proposal and together we planned every little detail of our special day.


He built me a sewing table and an easel and bought me my first lens.  He appreciates my hobbies!


He encouraged me to make a change when I'd been nervous to take the plunge in my career - ultimately I ended up in the position I always wanted and loved it there! 


And then he fully supported my decision to become a stay-at-home mom.


He didn't leave my side when I was put on 2 weeks of full hospital bed rest and told our son might not make it.  He told me, and I believed him, that it was going to be okay and that he was proud of me.  He kept up my hope and spirits and played 18,000 rounds of Gin Rummy with me.  He was strong and caring; hiding his own fears because he knew I needed his strength.

He was by my side, helping and comforting me through surgery and a high-risk pregnancy.  And later, juggling the care of both his newborn preemie baby boy and his sick wife.


He's always been more than helpful, supportive, and an advocate for our kiddos.  He bends over backwards to help me and the boys.


He takes random days off so I can get some "me time" and refresh so that I can be a better mom and a better wife.   He often surprises me with little things to make me happy. And most of all, he brings a great perspective to our family and he always makes me laugh!


Happy Father's Day and Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband! 












3 comments:

Ryan June 19, 2012 at 8:59 AM  

I love you!!

Lisa June 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

Aww... That's wonderful

Annie June 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

I love this so, so much.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP