Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gallery Wall!!!

Yes I'm that excited!  I have been wanting to put together a photo gallery wall for some time.  I was inspired the second I saw a friend's gallery wall.  I had some images of Elliott I wanted to frame and I'd had a few years to collect enough photos I love, it was time.



I chose this wall because it's large and spans both our hall way and our family room, making for potentially awkward placement of wall decor.  We'd previously had a large mirror here, but it was cracked and needed to come down, so the wall was a blank canvas!




I chose white frames because we have white woodwork and it has a fresh, clean look.  I wanted to maintain some sort of mirror in that spot (functionally I like it because I can see in our den when the boys are playing and it reflects light) but opted for something smaller.  I like how it breaks up the wall since it's so large, rather than only photos. 


 


I made several trips to Goodwill to collect mismatched frames.  All of them were less than $2!  Once I had several I spray-painted them white.  


 


I knew if I tried to plan out the positioning, I would over-analyze it and it would take a billion years.  So, instead, I just started throwing frames on the wall by sight, starting with the larger frames. 


 


The most difficult part for me was choosing the photos.  I love lots of favorites, but harder than that was matching up favorite pictures that fit in the right frames.  We had family pictures taken in May and they finished up the wall perfectly!  I may expand the wall as times goes on, there is more space, so we'll see :)




6 comments:

Lauren June 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

Kathy! It looks so great! I love that you clustered the frames close together - I hate when gallery walls have frames too far apart. Totally loses the impact. A mirror in the middle is genius. Nicely done, friend!

Kathy June 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM  

Thanks Lauren!

julie June 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM  

Love it Kathy! Well done project !

Laura, Hoosier Life Hoosier Wife June 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM  

Love, love, love it!

Abby June 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

Awesome!!

Georgy June 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

That turned out really nice! I want one in our house but I've been dragging my feet.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP