Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Andrew's Big Boy Room!



Click here to see a larger picture!

I am most excited about the artwork above his shelf.

Some notes:
-The inspiration was the quilt shown. Ryan's Grandma made it and it was his when he was little. Andrew will use that when he is big enough for the twin bed. When he's older we'll replace the crib with a desk.
-I DIY the artwork. This was my inspiration from Etsy. This was my only real effort in the room.
-The furniture was Ryan's uncle's when he was little.
-The train cross-stitch was also Ryan's when he was little.
-The room was blue (see the closet which I'll eventually paint) and my mom painted it for us.
-The curtains were already here when we moved in and although I wish they were darker brown, I don't think they are worth replacing.
-The shelves in the closet were taken from our laundry room, which we're upgrading. I am going to add some more shelving down the road if needed, but I found Andrew had plenty of room as-is for now.
-We also plan to add a ceiling light and remove the table lamp this spring.
-I had to buy an extra changing pad & cover.
-The car rug is from Ikea.

All together, I spent about $10 on canvases, maybe $30 (?) on the changing pad, $5 on the car rug, and $25 (?) on a gallon of paint. For a total of about $70! The rest was pulled together from things/materials we had laying around or in other rooms.

I think it looks even better in person (I am biased) and Andrew loves it!

8 comments:

Laura January 18, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

It looks so great!! Will you come do Luke's room whenever we get to that point? :)

Kelli Z. January 19, 2011 at 8:28 AM  

Looks great!! Where is the train cross stitch? (I might be dumb but didn't see it in the pictures you showed). Love it!

Kathy January 19, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

It is hard to see! it has a blue border and is above the 2 little shelves above the changing table!

Laura January 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Everything looks great! I think you should leave the inside of the closet painted blue. It's like a little surprise. :)

Cathy January 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

Very Boyish!

Nicole January 19, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

The room looks great! You did a super job. Love the quilt. That's so special!

Mary Beth January 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Love it!

Ashley March 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Hello! You don't know me, but I am a friend of Amy P.'s from high school. She has your blog linked off of hers, and I found the pictures of your son's adorable room! We are getting ready to move my son into a big boy room too since he'll be a big brother in August. I am using your room as a bit of inspiration for his room! If you don't mind me asking...did you use clip art for the pictures of the airplane, truck, train, and car? The artwork is so adorable! Thanks so much!! - Ashley :)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP