Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I'm Two Today!" -By Andrew

Click here to read "I'm One Today", a letter from Andrew on his birthday last year.

Hey guys! It's me again. Another year has gone by and I can't believe I'm already 2 years old. I am 23 lb (1o TIMES my birth weight!), 33 1/2 inches (2.5 times my birth length), and I'm on the growth chart for my actual age for both weight and height.

This year has been so much fun. Since I worked so hard last year on getting big and strong, this year I concentrated more on experiencing the world (although, I did grow a ton too)!

This year was a year of firsts. I went on my first play date, my first trip to the zoo, my first mass at church, my first party, my first trip to the Children's Museum, my first two vacations, my first dinner out in a restaurant, my first trip to the library, my first time swimming, my first time going to "school" with my TOTS friends, my first of several sleepovers at Grandma and Grandpa K's, my first time meeting some toddler friends, my first time being sick, my first surgery (okay, that wasn't so fun, but I did get to ride a Power Wheel!), my first bike ride, my first boat ride, my first time at the beach, my first petting zoo, my first carousel, first trip to PetSmart (I love the fishies), and more!

And wow did I learn along the way! I can walk, climb, bounce, dance, and twirl. I know some sign language ("eat", "more", and "all done") and a few words ("car", "daddy", and "doggie"). I can drink from an open cup or a straw, I'm getting much better at feeding myself, and I recently learned to point to the door I want open (the pantry, fridge, or basement door!). Although I don't say a lot, I know what so many things are (examples: tail, butterfly, pack n play, ears).



Things I Love: Trucks, cars, trains, helicopters, air planes, and wheels. Slides and swings. Going outside. Curbs, ramps, and steps. Pretzels, honey wheels, raspberries, lemon poppyseed muffins, and waffles. Lights, animals (birds, cats, fish, and dogs), my bedroom, beads, my Glow Worm baby,
bubbles, rocks, soft pillows/blankets, and music. The basement (where the play room is) and books (and I have to sit on your lap). Wagon rides and riding in the shopping cart. Falling snow and rain. My friends, family and even new friends who come to play with me (babysitters!) are so much fun.

Things I Don't Love: Loud vibrating-type of noises (several items fall here), meat, being held (unless we're reading), going from outside to inside, usually baths (Mommy thinks I get cold easily), having my picture taken, snow on the ground (scared to walk in it), getting my ears checked.

I'm mostly cooperative and sweet, I do not like to deviate from my routine, require a lot of sleep, quiet, flirtatious, play well independently, curious, friendly to strangers although a little shy, and I listen well. New places sometimes overwhelm me and I just want to run around exploring!

This year will be great. In January I get to move to my big boy bedroom, which is full of cars and trucks. I'm continuing my TOTS class this year. I'll have a little brother or sister to play with in the spring. Mommy can't wait to hear all the funny things I have to say. Thanks for reading!

Love, Little A

I was as long as Tigger (13 inches) when I was born!

9 months old, 12 months old, 24 months old




1 comments:

Julie December 30, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

This is such a nice record, like a digital babybook :) it would be so fun to make a paper book for Andrew to read when he is older.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP