Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thoughts related to pregnancy

Because I haven't had time to post more pictures (see #2), I thought I'd write a little about pregnancy. I am 14.5 weeks now. (In no particular order.)

#1 Even though I expected to be more tired when I got pregnant, I still have been really surprised by how tired I've been. As in, by about 8:30, I'm ready to hop in bed. I'm enjoying the sleep now, since I know I won't always be able to sleep for 10 hours. :-)

#2 Due to #1, I feel like I've lost a lot of the time I normally use to get things done, including editing pictures. I'm lucky I have a wonderful husband who helps get things done around the house after I fall asleep!

#3 Being pregnant is a really, really difficult secret to keep. I'm relieved it's finally out.

#4 Time flies. We're 35% of the way there. WOW! yay!

#5 I thought I'd "just know" when I was pregnant. I thought I would wake up sick one morning and have some sort of intuition. Not so much...I'm so blessed that I've felt normal (albeit tired) from the beginning - not everyone gets morning sickness!

#6 My hunger comes in spurts - one week I'm really hungry, the next week I'm not hungry.

#7 Telling your friends and family is soooo much fun.

#8 I'm extremely thirsty and drinking about 150 oz of water a day.

#9 Thankfully, my clothes still fit, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last.


More belly pics in another week or so!

6 comments:

Andrea October 7, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

I was sick with Hannah and I've been even more sick this time. I'm overwhelmed with the number of symptoms I've had - I can't even name them all for you. While I am grateful to feel so pregnant, I do kinda think "why can't I be one of those people who has no symptoms and a perfect pregnancy?" LOL oh well I'll take what I can get. Just be ready for at least one dirty look tomorrow at lunch. ;)

Cathy October 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

At least one. But like I said before, there's a pregnancy Karma, everyone gets it somehow, somewhere. I had bad nausea and even worse heartburn with Chris, and pnly the fairly bad queases so far with this one, but I'm in that happy second trimester place where now they come in (blessedly) fast waves, and are gone equally fast.

Kathy October 8, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

I forgot I've had 3 horrible headaches in the 2nd trimester...does that count :)

Cathy October 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

Yes! I'm pretty sure Amy P. had fierce migraines that she couldn't do anything about!

Suellen October 8, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

It is amazing how tired you are. I would come home at 4, sleep until dinner and then go to bed at like 9. It's crazy. I'm glad you aren't sick. I puked A LOT! It's totally worth it though!

Maya October 13, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

Get used to being tired! That doesn't change once the baby's here! ;) What an exciting time for you guys!!!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP