Tuesday, September 9, 2008

random thoughts, random pictures

Mums and Big10 football are my 2 favorite signs of fall.

The exterior of our house is being painted today, just in time for winter weather. I'm sitting inside, blogging in my sweatpants, feeling a bit spoiled, but deep down I'm glad that we don't have to paint the house ourselves.

Sometime this fall, maybe for a football game, I'd like to make hot apple cider and chili in the crockpot. (Not at the same time.) I never got around to it last year.

Blue spruces are my favorite tree because they are beautiful all year long. My other favorite is a Japanese Maple, but we don't own one yet!

This squirrel was being awfully nice to let me get so close :-)

Even though it doesn't occur until November 2nd, I'm dreading the end of daylight savings time. I'm trying to spend as much time outdoors as possible!

We're hosting Turkey Day at our house for the first time this year. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Cathy September 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Brave soul, hosting Thanksgiving. Can you serve chili for that? Turkey chili? Ha Ha. Actually, apple cider sounds really good though a bit early. There's an apple orchard in Danville, makes their own. If you feel like getting crazy, let me know.

Suellen September 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

I LOVE apple cider!!!!!!!!!!

amypfan September 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

Want to invite us over for chili and apple cider? Or, based on how excited Cathy and Suellen both sounded, maybe we should do it some time as Game Night fare. :)

Kathy September 12, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

yes!!

Amy and Mike September 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

We have two Japanese maples - wonderful trees and fairly low maintenance.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP