Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recipe: Apple Slaw

I'm usually not very creative when it comes to side dishes, but I stumbled upon this recipe online and I'm glad I gave it a shot. It's delicious, different, and healthy too! I served this Apple Cole Slaw with one of my other favorites, Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops (source: Giada's show Everyday Italian on the Food Network). I was a little worried about the mayo (not a fan) but it was really light.

Apple Cole Slaw (source: www.allrecipes.com)

3 cups chopped cabbage (I used red cabbage)
1 unpeeled red apple, cored and chopped
1 unpeeled Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
2 green onions, finely chopped (I omitted these because the grocery was out)
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Directions
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.

Oh, and this is Sandy! (No, she's not ours!)

1 comments:

Chantelle August 27, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

mmmm... Sounds (and looks) good. I will have to give it a try sometime. Thanks! I'm always looking for new things to try. So easy to fall into a routine with food.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP