Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old Mission Peninsula

Our first day on vacation, we took a drive to the tip of Old Mission Peninsula, where the Old Mission Lighthouse is located. It's absolutely gorgeous.


We stopped to eat lunch at the Peninsula Grill. This was our favorite place to eat during Ryan's and my visit last labor day weekend. (It's still one of our favorite restaurants, but we found some new favorites, too!)

Old Mission Peninsula is approx 20 miles long and a couple miles wide (I'm estimating). This picture was taken by the light house. Grand Traverse Bay's water level appeared to be a lot lower than it was last year, although maybe I just forgot!

The view from Lighthouse Park. I don't have any pictures of the light house because there was some kind of festival going on, and the tents and people were all in my way :)

There are several wineries in the area; here are some grapes...they are all over. We took a tour of the Chateau Grand Traverse winery.

Mom and Dad :)

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Cathy July 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

I love local wines! And these photos make me miss Michigan and watery vacations, looks like the weather was quite cooperative. Awesome!

amypfan July 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Your pictures make me very anxious for my vacation to begin!

Amy and Mike July 14, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

Michigan gets a bad rap b/c of Detroit, but really anywhere else in the state outside of the Southeast is gorgeous. Looks like a lot of fun.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP