Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Herb Garden

So I finally have an herb garden! Yay!

Here are my little guys - ready to be planted in something larger...


This weekend Ryan finished building the stucture.
There are 8 compartments for each of my 8 different herbs. We're going to add a trim piece around the outside to make it look a little nicer.
Last night I made labels too. I bought some clay that remains soft until baked. Here's an example prior to baking!
Then I got out my acrylic paints. I love Liquitex, but the stupid tubes keep breaking and exploding.
All 8 tags, painting complete! I chose a random, earthy look.
Up-close (I use Parsley & Cilantro most often)
The letters are indented in the clay.

5 comments:

Cathy June 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

So cute! Good luck with the herbs, mine either died, or went hog wild, there's no in between. But I love the smell of them.

crabapple0222 June 14, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Kathy, I love your tags! And the planter Ryan built! I want an herb garden; I've just been too lazy to start one!

Ness June 15, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

That's so neat :) The only herbs I ever grew successfully were rosemary and mint :)

Lauren June 16, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your planter box, and how cute are those tags?! Completely jealous. Tell Ryan to come up here and build me the same thing. And then you make me some tags. Thanks in advance.

amypfan June 18, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

You guys are about the most talented couple I know. :)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP